A SOLID FOUNDATION ON WHICH TO BUILD SUCCESS.
• Initial assessment provided by JHU creates baseline to monitor progress.
• Vision screening and correction included.
• Utilizes a proven literacy curriculum, designed by JHU for tutor delivery in a cooperative learning environment.
• Students work in small groups, within cohort, for three 30 minute sessions daily.
INDIVIDUAL TUTORING. HANDS – ON LEARNING EXTENSIONS. MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS.
• Tutoring to assist in successful completion of Baltimore City School’s virtual work.
• Hands-on learning extensions to supplement online instruction.
• Stay connected with school staff and their families.
• Return to school on pace with peers, connected to their teachers, and ready to meet educational challenges to come.
SOCIAL EMOTIONAL LEARNING
LIFELONG LEARNERS SUPPORTING EACH OTHER THROUGH LIFE’S CHALLENGES.
• Engages students using science and nature as the integrating context in SEL routines.
• Students build skills in: Self-Awareness, Self-Management, Social Awareness, Relationship Skills and Responsible Decision Making.
• Provides opportunity to further develop and exercise new skills through socialization within small, school-based cohorts.
NUTRITION & PHYSICAL EDUCATION
PROPER NUTRITION. HEALTHY LIFE HABITS.
• Three nutritious meals daily approved by the Maryland Food and Nutrition Program.
• Structured, inclusive physical education activities help students form healthy habits.
• NorthBay’s state-of-the-art facility offers students a variety of indoor and outdoor physical activities and sports.